Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Languishing & Laughing - WEEK 3/Intro Diet Stage 1-2

We just completed our third week on the introduction diet. We've seen considerable improvement in our gas, bloating, and abdominal discomfort. My husband can no longer detect any blood in his stool, and he is only having one bowel movement per day instead of 3-6 per day. His stools are more solid about half of the time now. I have started adding some ghee and egg to the diet, but I'm waiting for my husband's stool to become normal about 75% of the time before moving on to the next stage. 

At this point, we are pretty eager for some "real food." Soups do get tiresome after three weeks. My husband is still experiencing severe carb cravings and hunger; he's somewhat languishing at this point. I am feeling quite good since I had already gotten over my carb and sugar cravings five months ago when I cut them out of my diet at that time. I actually feel more energetic since we started the GAPS protocol and don't have any low blood sugar, cravings, or hunger. 

I'm hoping that next week I can report our progress to the next stage... But I don't want to rush it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment